To make things a little easier for students and their families, we are pleased to offer an annual $1,000 scholarship to an individual who is currently attending or planning to attend an accredited United States college or graduate school in the near future.
To apply for the 2018-2019 annual scholarship contest, applicants must submit a 700+ word essay on the following topic:
How Criminal Defense Lawyers Make a Positive Impact on Society in the United States – Essay should cover the contributions attorneys have made to US society such as protecting constitutional rights and individual freedom and liberty.
The application guidelines are as follows:
- Essays must be received by November 15, 2018 – 5 PM EST.
- Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org in word format (.doc / .docx). Links to Google Docs or PDFs will not be considered.
- Applicants should include their name, address, and phone number.
- Applicants must submit proof of enrollment in an accredited United States college or graduate school.
- No additional information should be included.
Once the application deadline has passed, the essays will be reviewed and judged based on the following criteria:
- Responsiveness to the question
- Grammar and style
- Thoughtfulness and originality
- Use of proper citations
We look forward to reading your submissions and helping the winner meet his or her education costs. The winner of the 2018-2019 scholarship will be announced on December 15, 2018. The winner’s article will be featured on our website and our social media feeds.